Mukono Church of Uganda Hospital is a private not for profit hospital that started way back in 1928 by a missionary called Sir Albert Cook. It was officially opened on 10th February 1931. It started as a maternity center under Namirembe Diocese until 1984 when Mukono Diocese took over. In 2012 the facility upgraded from a Health Centre IV to a Hospital and has since birthed other health centers in Mukono, Buikwe and Kayunga districts. These include Kyoga HC III, Kikandwa HC III, Bukaya HC III, Namuyenje HC III, and Nangunga HC III.
To offer holistic health care for God’s glory
To provide quality affordable, curative and preventive health services to meet the needs of the society across gender, creed, race and tribe while demonstrating the love of Christ.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide quality curative and preventive health care at affordable rates.
- To demonstrate Christ’s love to our clients in all our activities.
- To promote community-based health care as means for community development.
- To promote professional development through staff training, seminars, short courses and conferences.
- To Participate in income generating activities designed to make Mukono C.O.U Hospital self-sustaining.
- Team work
- General Consultations
- Specialized Consultations
- Ophthalmology (Eye care)
- Minor theatre
- General Ward
- Male ward
- Pediatric ward
24Hr Emergency Care
- Surgical Emergencies
- Medical emergencies
Maternal and Child Health Care
- Antenatal Care
- Posttherapy care
- EMTCT (Elimination of Mother To Child Transmission)
- Family Planning
- Normal Labour
- Caesarean Section
- Scaling and Polishing
- Dental Health Education
- Community Outreaches
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Caesarean Section
- Dilatation and curettage (D&C)
- HIV test
- Hepatitis screening, vaccination and treatment
- HB estimation
- Blood fringing and transfusion
- Culture and Sensitivity
- Gram Staining
- Liver function tests
- Renal functions tests
- Counselling and testing
- Treatment for HIV
- Palliative care
- Screening for Opportunistic infections
- Tuberculosis diagnosis and treatment
In case of any inquiries, feel free to call any of these numbers:
Dr Nsingo Simon Peter
Medical Superintendent Mukono C.O.U Hospital 0784239954/0703393178
Kigozi Jonathan System Administrator Mukono C.O.U Hospital 0786135653/0757531181