The Head of Department is the Diocesan focal person in aiding the administrative structure of the Diocese to respond well to present and future needs of the Anglican population in Mukono Diocese.
By developing good plans for building up consultative structures to involve all diocesan structures such as Diocesan Synod, Diocesan Council, Senior staff, Clergy and lay readers. This therefore involves; archdeaconries, parishes and local churches.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research, monitoring and Evaluation.
- Planning and capacity building Training.
- Responsible for Diocesan data and Archives
- Special Projects.
Research, monitoring and Evaluation
- Obtaining, recording and keeping information concerning the Diocesan leadership. Information such as; Parish profiles
- Church populations and there changing trends
- Parish priest’s data base.
- Compiling annual reports on each parish.
- Diocesan Population Trends. New or existing parishes may be optimally located.
- Ad Hoc Projects and Reports. Such as Retirement plans of diocesan priests
Planning and Capacity building Training
- Following up on implementation of action plans identified at meetings.
- Lead Diocesan staff in annual staff training days.
- Offers on-site training for individual parishes, localized training at the local churches.
- Offer Strategic Planning trainings at Parish Levels. Serves parishes requesting assistance with planning.
- Strategic Planning at the Diocesan Level.
- Planning to match Diocesan and parish resources with the current and future needs of the diocesan.
- Presentations to the Clergy as may be invited by the Diocesan secretary about pastoral and developmental challenges of the parishes.